On May 2, LED Lighting Facts began accepting new submissions of LED lighting products, now offered as a service by D+R International, the implementer of the program since its inception. The simple “truth-in-advertising” labeling program provides consumers with the assurance that the performance of their LED lighting products has been independently verified and that they have an online tool to compare LED lighting products and manufacturers.
Legacy Products and Lamps
- All products submitted and approved before June 20th, will be considered “Legacy Products”.
In order to continue your Legacy products listings in the active database, please note the actions you may need to take prior to November 1:
All products that were not updated via the Annual Update Process before May 1st, have been pushed to your dashboard for review. You will need to review these products and indicate/confirm their currently availability in the marketplace. If these products are not updated by Nov. 1st, they will be archived and you will no longer have access to the labels and the products will not be searchable in the public database.
For products updated since May-1st, the required update will be 6 months from the last update. These products will only be pushed to the dashboard 30 days before their 6 months expiration period. Example- If the product was updated on June 15, 2018 it will come up for renewal on December 15, 2018, and appear on the dashboard on November 15, 2018.
- All newly listed products will remain on the Annual update cycle. The 6-month update cycle will only apply to Legacy Products.
- The LED Lighting Facts Program(LLFP) will again accept the submission of LED replacement lamps after not accepting them since August 2016. Types of lamps that will be accepted include: linear replacement lamps, mogul screw base products, and pin based products.
- We will only accept test reports from labs that are active on the new Approved Labs List. To be added to this new list, labs must sign up for the program and pay an annual fee of $900. The nominal subscription fee will cover the program costs to validate testing lab facility accreditation credentials and maintenance of the Approved Lab List.
- Please refer to our Approved Labs Troubleshooting Guide for more information on this process.
Subscriptions and Submissions
- We are cutting down review times for submissions! From June 20th on, we will do our absolute best to review all product submissions within 5 business days.
- Manufacturers who want to continue listing new products and access labels will need to do so via a listing maintenance subscription fee with graduating pricing levels and monthly or annual pre-payment options. The product listing maintenance subscriptions are based on the cumulative number of products that are added to a manufacturer’s account over time.
- Monthly subscribers who sign up in June will not be invoiced until August 1, based on the number of approved products listed at the end of July. Example: Manufacturer XYX signs up for Level 1 (1-200 products @ $295/month) on June 18, and by July 31, 25 products have been approved for listing on the LED Lighting Facts database. The first invoice for the monthly $295 payment will be due on August 1.
- Pre-Pay subscribers: manufacturers who chose to Pre-Pay will have twelve months of product submissions for the price of 11 months, with a savings of one month. Example: Manufacturer XYZ signs up for Level 1 (1-200 products) and pays an annual fee of $3,245 for a savings of $295.
For manufacturers who choose to upgrade to the next tier of products, for example 1-200 products to 201-500 products, the invoice will be prorated to upgrade the product level. Example: If a manufacturer decides to move into the next tier half way through the year, the normal invoice would be $2,200 but because the manufacturer is only in this tier for half the year, the cost to increase the product level would only be $1,100!
|Pricing Levels (Products)||Pay-as-you-go/Monthly||Pre-Pay Annual||Pre-Pay Savings||Pre-Pay Annual product listing cost|
|1-200||$295||$3,245||$295||As low as $16.23|
|201-500||$495||$5,445||$495||As low as $10.89|
|501-1000||$695||$7,645||$695||As low as $7.65|